Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Really...Really?

So, the State of Minnesota is shut down as the Republican lead legislature play "Chicken" with the newly elected Democratic Governor. Meanwhile, in the nations capital, hyper-partisanship is preventing the House and the President from being able to come to any kind of agreement on debt reduction as the impending debt default rises to meet them.

What has become of our country when the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many? I am terribly concerned and disappointed in how our "Democracy" is currently operating.

It appears to me, sitting in the Cheap Seats, that a vocal minority has taken control of this country. I don't believe that that is the foundation upon which this country was founded. Politics has become "Black and White", "I'm right and You're wrong". How can we get anything done with that attitude? Have the people we've elected to lead us forgotten about the concept of Compromise?

It seems that compromise has become a sign of weakness. How sad is that? There is no longer a concept of Win/Win. Only I win/ You lose. And at the end of the day, the only ones who lose are all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment